We have a lot planned this summer! From art camps to art exhibits; soccer camps to soccer tournaments; and some outdoor adventure mixed in, we are gearing up for a fun summer.
- In June, kids will continue to play pick up in the park. On Tuesdays and Thursdays around five at Emmett Park, some of our soccer coaches will organize s fun scrimmages. This is a great opportunity for our budding soccer stars to practice skills. It also attracts new Inti kids.
- Our biggest endeavor this June was the art camp at the Currier Museum of Art. The theme of the week was “Made in America” and the kids used all different mediums to learn about some distinctly American art. Their art was inspired by unique aspects of America including the Statue of Liberty, Superman and other favorite comics, and different sports heroes. All and all a great week at the Currier!
- In July, there are two full weeks of soccer camps. This year we have also added two morning hours of high school only camp to allow the older players time and attention to really hone their skills. The camp will be staffed by middle school, high school and college-aged soccer players who have volunteered their time. Many Inti coaches and staff will also be there to lead. The camps are at Gill Stadium for 4 to 18-year-olds and are free for all. The day breaks down as follows:
- 10am – 12pm: High School only players
- 12:15pm – 1pm: Healthy lunch provided by NH Food Services (all ages welcome)
- 1pm – 4pm: All ages play
AUGUST: August brings an art camp, intensive art courses, an art exhibition, soccer around Manchester and a 3v3 tournament.
- On August 4th The Currier will be hosting a big exhibition to showcase Inti artwork from “The City Through Their Eyes” Outreach program. During this program, the Inti artists worked with a variety of mediums to bring to life their unique view of Manchester. The Currier has displayed their artwork all summer in the Community Gallery. All are encouraged to attend this exhibit celebrating these talented artists!
- There is a 3v3 tournament in the works for August 6th. All ages and teams are encouraged to sign up by contacting Max Latona at MLatona@anselm.edu
- August 8th through the 12th some of the serious art minded Inti middle schoolers get to take a course on Clay Around the World through the Currier’s Intensive Art Education program. The artists will learn different clay techniques and origins while creating their own water jugs.
- The week of August 15th, Inti will send ten students to the Currier for another art camp; this one titled “Stomp Rockets, Paper Airplanes and Things That Fly!” The kids will create “wing things” and finish the week with a competition to see who made the highest flying or most creative flying machine.
- Towards the end of August, Inti soccer coaches will be heading to three different Manchester neighborhoods (Elmwood Gardens, Kimball Street Apartments, and Emmett park) to expose more kids to soccer. This program will attract Inti kids in the area, but it we will also hope to attract new soccer players to Inti.
We have a big summer ahead, stay tuned for updates on all!